- Education in the Childrens Composition Course at Halle from 1976; recorder, oboe and piano lessons at the Dessau School of Music.
- 1983-87 composition studies with Udo Zimmermann at the Dresden Musikhochschule (plus state examination in piano), conducting studies, work in the Dresden electronic studio, and 1988-91 in Paul-Heinz Dittrich‘s composition master class at the Akademie der Künste Berlin
- 1987-92 musicological collaborations at the Dresden Contemporary Music Centre; since 1992 realisation of country-wide music projects.
- 1987-1992 Appointed lecturer in harmony and aural training at the Dresden Hochschule für Musik
- 1991 Premiere of the chamber opera Matka (1987/88) at the Leipzig Opera
- 1994 Co-founder of the "Compagnie de Quatre" France-Germany
- 1995 Composition teacher at the Brandenburg New Music Colloquium
- 1996 Tour of South America in conjunction with the Goethe Institutes; also invitations to Madrid (1995), Marseilles and Riga (1997), Copenhagen (1999), Chicago (2000), Sofia (2003), and Warsaw (2004)
- 1996 Premiere of the childrens opera Un jour d‘été in Abbeville, commissioned by the Conservatoire (Libretto : Pierre Garnier)
- 1997 Selected for Ensemble Modern Frankfurt‘s forum with Tout est rêver
- 1998 A portrait-CD appears in the Deutscher Musikrat‘s Edition zeitgenössische Musik on the Wergo label.
- Premiere of the chamber opera TagNachtTraumstaub (Libretto : Ulrike Schuster, M. Roth, Objects : Daniel Depoutot, Director: Helfrid Foron), specially composed for the German Pavilion at EXPO 2000.
- 2001 Commission from the European Music Month, Basle: das - das - das andere ufer , Music for crossings of the Rhine in Basle, with an installation by Thierry Aué, with whom Annette Schlünz has collaborated since 1999 on various sound- and video-installations (Rome, Heidelberg, Strasbourg, Sofia 2003).
- Master-classes in composition in Hanoi/Vietnam, on the invitation of the Goethe Institute
- 2002 Premiere of the orchestral piece doch dir darin, commissioned by musica viva Munich, with conductor Sylvain Cambreling
- 2002 auch ameisen wären gern vögel (Text: Ulrike Draesner, Ulrike Schuster) - Musical action for five soloists and 90 choristers for the Hard/Wülflingen industrial precinct in Switzerland
- 2003 Premiere of quelle also - Live-Action for a sound- and video-installation, with Karine Vonna on the HÖGE
- since 2003 president of the sponsors‘ association of the Halle/Dresden composers‘ class, composition teacher at the class‘s summer courses
- 2004 Commission from the French Ministry of Culture for the music theatre piece Lichtpause, with the ALEPH Ensemble
- 2005 and 2007 Residence at GRAME Lyon, collaboration with Christophe Lebreton on blaulaub (musica viva Munich for recorder, koto, orchestra and live electronics), premiere July 2008 with Jeremias Schwarzer, Makiko Goto, Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks Munich, GRAME Lyon, conductor Peter Rundel
- 2005/2007 Teacher at the federal competition "Jugend komponiert" of Jeunesses musicales at the Musikakademie Weikersheim
- since 2007 composition teacher at the Festival musicalta Rouffach/France
- 2007 ROSSIGNOL "lecture en scène" of Stravinsky‘s piece with pupils of the St. Aurélie-School Strasbourg at the Opéra National du Rhin Strasbourg, Actions Opera for children with objects by Daniel Depoutot, libretto Annette Schlünz with texts by Pierre Garnier
- Jury member for international and national composition competitions
- since 2010 Annette Schlünz has been elected a regular member of the Saxonian Academy of the Arts
Annette Schlünz lives as freelance composer moving between Dresden, Kehl and Strasbourg (France), mother of two girls.
Prizes and Awards
- 1990 Hanns Eisler Prize for the String Trio, from Deutschlandsender Berlin
- 1994/2002/04 Work scholarships from the electro-acoustic studio of the Berlin Academy of Arts
- 1998 Heidelberg Artists Prize
- 1999 Scholarship at the Deutsche Akademie‘s Villa Massimo in Rome
- 2000 Scholarship at the Akademie Schloß Solitude, Stuttgart
- 2000 Scholarship from the Kulturstiftung Rhein-Neckar-Kreis/Dilsberg
- 2002 prize-winner at the 2nd International Forum of French Ensembles, with "aufgelöst" (verschlungen), CD-productions and performances at various festivals including Alicante/Spain, MANCA/Nizza, Théâtre Dunois Paris, Darmstadt
- 2003 Scholarship at Women Composers residence "Die Höge" (near Bremen)
- 2006 Scholarship at the Künstlerhof Schreyahn
Commissioned works and performances in Europe, Asia, and America: MUSICA Strasbourg, Présences Paris, Ijsbreker Amsterdam, Bonner Herbst, Festival Odense/DK, Women in Music Chicago, GMEM Marseille, musica viva, Klang-Aktionen and Musikbiennale Munich, Biennale and Festwochen Berlin, Dresdner Tage der zeitgenössischen Musik, Oper Leipzig, EXPO 2000 Hannover (opening of the German Pavilion with TagNachtTraumstaub), Cuc Phuong National Park Vietnam, Rhizome Rennes, Warsaw Autumn, SWR, Wittener Tage, Biennale Lyon, DeutschlandRadio Berlin, TageAusKunst Austria, Music festivals in Jakarta, Sao Paolo, Perpignan, Rome.
Constant collaboration with the ensembles Aleph, Aventure, Festivalensemble Heidelberg, KNM Berlin, Ensemble Mosaik, Neue Flötentöne, oh ton-ensemble, Percussions de Strasbourg, Phorminx Ensemble, Ensemble TrioLog, Ensemble Phoenix Basel and numerous soloists including Matthias Badzcong, Georg Glasl, Makiko Goto, Maria Husmann, Margit Kern, Carin Levine, Christine Paté, Jeremias Schwarzer, Isolde Siebert, Olaf Tzschoppe, Michael Vogt, Kai Wessel, and Lenka Zupkova…
Since 2008 her works published by G. Ricordi & Co. Munich.